Theory: Water infiltration into low slope roofing systems causes changes in the thermal properties of the roofing system. Usually conducted at night, thermal imaging is capable of detecting evidence of latent moisture due to changes in either the thermal conductivity and/or thermal capacitance of the roofing system.
- pinpoint water-damaged roof areas quickly and accurately
- eliminate unnecessary replacement of good roof
- greatly extend the life of the existing roof
- document problems before the warranty expires
- provide facts for planning accurate budgets