You’re Not Alone Anymore!
IRINFO Group is an email discussion group for professionals within the infrared imaging, radiometric or related PPM fields. IRINFO Group enables infrared professionals from around the world to communicate with each other using email.
IRINFO Group members discuss technical questions or problems relating to performing or providing infrared inspection services, business and program management issues, and other related topics affecting infrared thermographers from around the world.
IRINFO Group is not only educational, but also interesting and fun. Some members are very active with questions and answers to inquiries. Others choose to sit back and watch the activity.
- Sign me up for the IRINFO Group!
- Who is in the IRINFO Group?
- Netiquette on the IRINFO Group
- Sending Messages to the IRINFO Group
- Leaving the IRINFO Group
- Communicating with the IRINFO Group Administrator
- Please let us know if…
- IRINFO Group is Free
- Important Notices
- Sign-up Form
Sign Me Up for the IRINFO Group
Please complete the entire sign-up form in order to become a member of the IRINFO Group. We will verify your information with our extensive database. If we find you, you’re all set. If we don’t find you, we’ll give you a call to verify the information.
Who is in the IRINFO Group?
The IRINFO Group is made up primarily of practicing infrared thermographers from around the world. These thermographers are a combination of in-house personnel and contract service providers. Some of our members are formally trained and certified, others are not. Many are members of related professional organizations such as ASTM, ASNT, NFPA, NETA and SPIE.
One of the greatest assets of the IRINFO Group is the collective professional experience of our members. There is simply no other place where you will find more collective professional experience than the IRINFO Group. When you ask a question here, you are accessing literally hundreds of years of professional experience!
There are many manufacturers and vendors to the infrared thermographic community in the IRINFO Group. Most are willing to assist the thermographic professional in their daily work. They are also interested in your helpful suggestions for their products and services.
Netiquette in the IRINFO Group
- Please be courteous and respectful of those who express their opinions within the IRINFO Group.
- Please refrain from posting anything you would not (or should not) say in a public area.
- Do not use foul or profane language.
- Do not make personal attacks on individuals or companies.
- Do not use vulgarity.
- Do not attack another’s personal beliefs.
- Think before you hit the “enter” key and send your message around the world to other thermographic professionals. Remember, you are entitled to your opinion, as are others.
- Individuals from around the world are represented on this forum and sometimes, depending on local custom and codes, people do things differently. This does not make them wrong.
- All posts must be in English.
- Discussion of pricing or disseminating information which violates antitrust laws will result in permanent removal from this forum.
- Spamming will result in removal from the IRINFO Group.
- Do not send graphic files as attachments to your email. Some people still have slow connections to the Internet and graphic files just take too long to download. If you feel that you have a graphic that everyone should see, just send an email describing the graphic and offer to send the file to individuals who request it from you.
- If you have a problem with another individual member of the IRINFO Group, please send a private message to that person in an attempt to resolve the problem. Don’t bring it to the floor of the IRINFO Group. If you receive a private communication from another individual, treat it as private. It is contrary to good netiquette to repost someone’s private message to the IRINFO Group.
Sending Messages to the IRINFO Group
Once you are registered as a member of the IRINFO Group, you can send a message to the forum using the following email address: email@example.com
Leaving the IRINFO Group
Send an E-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to be removed from the IRINFO Group.
Communicating with the IRINFO Group Administrator
- Should you wish to send a private email to the administrator, send to email@example.com
- Should you have questions about www.irinfo.org, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Let Us Know if…
- You change your E-mail address.
- You change your physical address.
IRINFO Group is FREE!
There is no charge to be a member of the IRINFO Group!
AOL users (and a few others) should note that if you do not pick up your e-mail frequently, AOL returns your mail to us. We then have to spend time deleting all this from the IRINFO.ORG server and taking you off the list. If you will be away for a while, or not getting your email for a while – please let us know. If we receive email intended for you and have to take you off the IRINFO Group, we will charge you $25 to get back on. There is no charge if you let us know and we can stop your email before it backs up on our servers. This small charge is for our time in cleaning up your unread messages from our server.
Important Notices About IRINFO Group
The IRINFO Group is unmoderated. That means NO EDITING of your messages. The administrator of the IRINFO Group is not responsible for incorrect or potentially harmful information distributed on the IRINFO Group. IRINFO Group is a restricted list. The administrator has the right to approve/deny access to the list. The IRINFO Group is a private email discussion forum.